Friday, August 31, 2007

Tagging and del.icio.us

George and I have had a good look at del.icio.us and are now deciding if it's good enough to eat. The PLCMC Learning 2.0 list of del.icio.us things is long and scary and it's a bit interesting to see how people tag things, I spose. I created an account because I can see the value of being able to get at your bookmarks from anywhere and being able to share them. Just a note on the scary side again though - the Go2Web2 directory in the PLCMCL2 list had been tagged by 13,272 people all thinking that the hundreds and hundreds of logos labelling places you can go to do web 2.0-ey things was something they needed to hold on to. Places like: Vringo, Vayama, Siphs, Deezer, Bravisa, Noteske, Gyminee, Nymbler, WizLite, FooWHo - where I could share my mobile videos, solve my international travel, earn money from my own marketplace, take notes online, track my personal fitness, or have a personal baby name assistant (what would I do here? Share conversations about why I named MaryLou MaryLou?)

[And just when George was feeling a little brain-dead absorbing the myriad possibilities, and trying to imagine which of these really could improve the quality of her life (not to say some of them mightn't) the world opened up! There was MyDogSpace, the community network for dogs. Well, this is the place for us; we've landed - as the label says, you can "do it all in a very lovely community". Sigh!!!]

No comments: